Karla LaVey’s First Satanic Church presents the 18th annual Black X Mass on Christmas night, December 25, 2015 at the Elbo Room, 647 Valencia St. in San Francisco. Acts will include FROM HELL, BITE, the WASTEDEADS, FILTHY VICTORIAN, THEREMIN WIZARD BARNEY and WYLIE CABLE. 9 P.M., 21+, $10. Free food and giveaways as always.
- Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
- Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
- Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
- Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
- Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
- Satan represents responsibility for the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
- Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his “divine and intellectual development” has become the most vicious animal of them all!
- Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
- Satan has been the best friend that the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all of these years!
- Stupidity –The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
- Pretentiousness –Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
- Solipsism –can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses, and sensibilities onto someone else who is probably far less attuned that you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy, and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do onto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian viewpoint) we are from that point.
- Self-Deceit –It’s in the Nine Satanic Statement but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered is when it is fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
- Herd Conformity –That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of many.
- Lack of Perspective –Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, everyday. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit the things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. So not be swayed herd constraints–know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
- Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxy’s –Be aware that this one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something as “new” and “different,” when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the “creator” and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
- Counterproductive Pride –The first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, “I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow,” then do it
- Lack of Aesthetics –This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. It is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off it most of the time so it is discouraged in a consumer society, but is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing–it’s what is. Aesthetics is a highly personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
- Do not give opinion or advice unless you are asked.
- Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
- When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
- If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
- Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
- Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
- Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will loose all you have obtained.
- Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
- Do not harm children.
- Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.
- When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
First Satanic Church presents the 17th Annual BLACK X MASS
Christmas night, Thursday, December 25, 2014
Elbo Room 647 Valencia St at 17th St., San
With Appearances by:
There will be free snacks and giveaways!
21+ $10 at door.
The First Satanic Church presents the 16th Annual BLACK X MASS on Wednesday, December 25th, 2013 at the Elbo Room in San Francisco. Acts will include BITE, DEATH MEDICINE BAND, pianist GEORGE MICHALSKI (with his dog Mozart) playing his original medley of Anton LaVey’s most well known songs including The Hymn to Satan, burlesque comedy/musical performance from KITTEN ON THE KEYS, THEREMIN WIZARD BARNEY, THE DEVIL DANCERS and more special guests. KARLA LA VEY will emcee. Free stuff will be given away and Devil’s food snacks are always included.
Where: Elbo Room – 647 Valencia at 17th St. in San Francisco’s Mission District/ Must be 21 years or older to attend. admission $10/ Doors open at 9:00 P.M.
First Satanic Church presents the 15th Annual Black X Mass
Christmas night, Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Elbo Room 647 Valencia / 17th St., San Francisco
Bands will include:
members of The Graves Bros. Deluxe, Los Murderachis and Guantanamo School of Medicine
Also performances by:
plus special guests
There will be free snacks and giveaways!
21+ $9.99 plus the Devil’s tax =$10.
Karla LaVey’s First Satanic Church presents the 14th Annual Black X Mass on Sunday December 25th, 2011 at the Elbo Room in San Francisco. Bands will include BITE, Metro Mictlan (Subway Stop for Hell) with members of The Graves Bros. Deluxe and Los Murderachis, The Death Medicine Band, Theremin Wizard Barney and back by popular demand Abu Ghraib (members of Mongoloid). Of course there will be The Devil Dancers, special guests, complimentary party food and giveaways!
Where: Elbo Room, 647 Valencia @ 17th St., San Francisco, CA
Date: Sunday, 12-25-11
Time: 9:30 P. M.
Karla LaVey and The First Satanic Church present the 13th Annual Black X Mass, Saturday, December 25th, Christmas night in San Francisco at the Elbo Room.
There will be performances by The Fuxedos, The Graves Brothers Deluxe, Dimesland, Los Murderachis, Theremin Wizard Barney, The Devil Dancers and more. It’s always a party with fun, food and excitement. The show is open to the public and everyone is invited. If you’re going to be in San Francisco on Christmas get ready to put on those horns and come celebrate Black X Mass, an event not to miss!
Where: Elbo Room, 647 Valencia / 17th St., San Francisco, CA
Date: Saturday, 12-25-10
Time: 9:00 P. M.
Here are some very exciting, fun and funny video clips of Karla LaVey’s 12th Annual Black X Mass Show at the Elbo Room in San Francisco on Dec. 25th, 2009 featuring The Fuxedos, The Yes-Go’s, Los Murderachis, Dimesland, Abu Ghraib (The Mongoloids off-shoot band), SASSY!!! and Theremin Wizard Barney.